Sunday, June 1, 2014

35 Weeks




How far along? 35 Weeks. Ben is face down. Dr. Carl showed me how he was position. His booty is on top right side with his spine running down the rest of the right side.  His arms and legs are dangling in the space on my left. Of course he can (and does) move, but I was happy to hear he was head down. :-)

Ben doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon).. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


Heartbeat: 140s

Maternity clothes? Yep!

Sleep: I am just going to accept that sleep will be rough until this little guy makes his appearance.

Best Moment This Week:  Seeing Catherine and her family! Love that I have been through so many stages of life with her!

Movement: ALL day long!  
Food Cravings: Sour candy like sour straws
Gender: Boy... our little BLT!
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? Very stretch and has lost most of its poking.
What I Miss: Being able to easily pick things up off the floor and getting off the floor with out a struggle. The uncomfortable-no-matter-what-you-do feeling has set in.
 
 
For me... :-)
Had a good report from the doctor. I am not making protein, but I do have swelling, headaches, and my blood pressure has continued to rise. SO, I am going back next week to check for protein. Very thankful my health has been much better this time.
 
Our church has really encouraged us to read a daily blog by Jim Denison called First15.  The day before I went to doctor, he wrote about how Satan lies and deceives our hearts. God really spoke to me saying that I have been allowing Satan to deceive me that this pregnancy will be exactly like Andrew's. The next day was about God's trustworthiness and He is so faithful to gently remind me that He is more powerful than any of Satan's lies. He will continue to take care of me and sweet Ben. And as I continue to think, I am reminded of all the trust songs we sing at Chapel. Andrew's favorite song is You You You. You, you, you can trust God. You can take Him at His word and give Him your heart. Thank you, Lord, for your trustworthiness, faithfulness, and gentle reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment