Saturday, April 5, 2014

27 weeks



How far along? 27 weeks Last week in 2nd trimester! Ben weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, Ben's brain is very active now.
Heartbeat: 160s Went to the doctor this week and apparently Ben liked all the sugar from the glucose test
Maternity clothes? Yep!

Sleep: Rough week on sleeping
Best Moment This Week:  Celebrating 5 years with James!!! It has gone by so fast in many ways but at the same time I feel like I have been married to him forever. Can't imagine doing life without him. He makes my days so much happier! (And easier... he is such a good daddy)
Movement: ALL day long! Unlike Andrew he stays low and I usually feel him on the underside of belly.
Food Cravings:None this week...
Gender: Boy... our little BLT!
Labor Signs: None, thankfully!
Belly Button in or out? In.... but stretched. 
What I Miss: Less dreaming, more sleeping, less reflux and regular pants ;-) but definitely worth it. I am so thankful this pregnancy has been easier than Andrew so far.
What I am Looking Forward to: Meeting the Uganda choir this week!!! We have two high school girls staying with us and we are super excited!!!

Since this is my journal, I want to record some other information that does not fit in the above questions. :-)  I went to the doctor this week. I had gained a lot of weight this month. The doctor said it could be one of three things: a. the beginning of water retention usually associated with preeclampsia, b. glucose intollarance, or c. need to be eating healthier. Praying for c! She looked for swelling (another preeclampsia indicator) but found none! So right now, no signs of preeclampsia! Thank you, Lord, Healer of all!
I took my Glucose test this week and should have the results on Monday. Mostly likely, will have to take the 3 hour test since I failed the first test with Andrew.  I go back in a month and then start every 2 week appointments! The end is approaching which is getting bitter sweet knowing that we plan for this to be our last pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment