Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Volunteer Christian Builders

James was raised going to Volunteer Christian Builders every summer. It is a very neat program designed to help churches build a new church. What a blessing to those churches! James loves to go and see all the people he grew up with. Like last year, it was close by so we made the two hour drive to Greenville.  We were happy to be able to see our cousins!








I tried to prepare something fun and new for the kids to do, so they can learn to treasure this time like their daddys do.  I froze plastic animals in a big block of ice (twice so it could have two levels)





But I only created a mess.... SO sorry Shelly! Had there been grass, it would have been a blast and great attention keeper. Oh well! Next year, I will ask ahead of time if there is grass.



I am so thankful for the example of serving others Andrew has by James's family. Although building isn't necessarily James's thing, he knows how important serving others is like Christ served. I am grateful for the role model he is for Andrew. I pray that Andrew continues to serve others with a joyful heart like his Daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment