Thursday, July 19, 2012

Electricity... or not

Another funny story...

When Andrew was a newborn, we lost power. We realized with a newborn we needed to buy lanterns and flashlights... candles were not going to cut it.  So the next day, we ordered these items so we could be prepared!

Recently, I took these items up to school for camping week. My students and I discovered that they didn't have batteries. I told James we need to get batteries so we could be prepared.

This past week, we lost electricity. James and I looked at each other. I had not put back the camping gear but I assured him I could find it in the garage... Which I did. I asked James to find C batteries. We looked where we keep batteries but there wasn't any. We racked our brains trying to think what could take c batteries. I asked James to look in the new swing we bought. He took the batteries off in the dark... nope,
 D batteries. At this point we both were frustrated. So much for being prepared!

I told James that I would buy batteries the next day.... which I did. I even bought an extra set. James went to put them in and discovered the lanterns took D batteries!!! We had batteries in the swing the whole time.  Needless to say, I was back at Walmart the next day (we were still having a ton of rain!) Here are the now infamous lanterns. :-) Now we are prepared!


No comments:

Post a Comment