Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ready, Set, Curtains!

So a couple of years back, I took sewing lessons. When James's scrubs started coming un-sewn I told him that I could fix them. Ready to show him a new hidden talent I had, I pulled out my sewing machine. However, disaster struck! I ended up breaking to needles. Needless to say, I put it away and haven't gotten it back out

Well, since I have windows in my classroom, I decided I wanted curtains. But I was not willing to take that task on alone. Thankfully, Shelly helped me make cute matching curtains for my classroom! Here are a couple of pics. I am going with a blue/green theme with accents of yellow to tie in my bee: Beelieve in yourself! (I have learned from James two colors are simply not enough!)




I am currently working on putting all my books into correct genre baskets. Finding baskets has been a challenge!!!


After our hard work of sewing, we went to get snowcones! Hannah wasn't so sure about the Banana flavor. Shelly was smart and got a flavor that wouldnt have stained. Aunt Jenn was not as smart and got Strawberry. (Which Hannah had to try)
I know I have written here before how much Baxter loves James. James hardly ever takes naps after work, but he has been staying up late reading on his Kindle. So today he decided to take a nap. Perhaps the couch wasn't the best location when you have a dog who wants your attention... ALL the time!



"Fine! I guess I will go and lay on you! Maybe that will wake you up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment