Saturday, March 5, 2016

Cochlear Implant Time

For my records :-)


On February 26, Ben got his first cochlear implant for his right ear. This decision was so tough. He had been progressing but the therapist said he wouldn't keep up with his hearing peers of we didn't get him implants. He is currently about 6 months behind. He is learning words but his speech is unclear. 

James and I prayed and prayed along with several of you about what to do. I felt like we needed to do the implant for Ben but I wanted God to make it clear to me. I remember praying in the shower, God, if this is what you want for Ben make it happen. Make insurance approve it easily. If not put up several obstacles. Two hours later I got a phone call saying it was approved. I knew The Lord had given me my answer. I have spent countless hours on the phone with insurance and dr trying to just get dr appts and therapy covered. God did all the cochlears without 1 phone call to either. 

Of course, we continued to wonder and prayer for it not to happen of ot wasn't. But I was at peace. I didn't want to tell God no when He had so clearly given me the answer. It was also neat cochlear implant awareness day was the day before the surgery.

 
Happy little guy!

Watching Paw Patrol

My sweet coworkers wrote us words of encouragement, Bible scriptures, and prayers. So very thankful!


Poor baby waking up. He reminded me of how he looked in the NICU. Brought back several memories... He did great and woke up happy.


We made it back to the hotel without him getting sick. However he was very dizzy. Couldn't even sit up on his own.

M&Ms made him happy! By the end of the night he was jumping. And he ate 3 pouches of baby food while waiting for his prescription.
He spent the night sleeping on me. He so badly wanted to sleep on his right ear and couldn't get comfortable. Could also be that we were somewhere new. :-)

Two days later. Could barely see anything!

This surgery was way easier than tonsils!!!  So thankful this one is over. Anxious to activate it. He seems to have lost some of his hearing but it could be just swelling. Will keep you update!

No comments:

Post a Comment