Monday, June 21, 2010

Meet Baxter the Westie


Well, as many of you know we got a dog! I have search and searched on Craigslist and several other pet websites to find a "reasonably priced" Westie. After much begging, I finally wore my sweet husband down. On Tuesday, I got online and found Baxter. I called the lady and she told me a sad story about how she had saved him from a bad owner. He was flea infested and very ratty looking. It seems James and I have a knack for seeing the potential of places and apparently animals.

As responsible dog parents, we took him to the vet. He needed special shampoo and several shots, plus flea pills. Needless to say, it was a very expensive visit. We also had to stop at Petsmart for some entertainment. When James got home from work, he helped me bathe Baxter, which neither were the most excited about. IF only James and known the adventure was only beginning.....

We were woken up to the sound of Baxter having a tummyache. We were up half the night with him being sick. I have cleaned more floors in the past five days than the whole year I was here. Kaopectate, along with Baxter, have become our new best friends. We have really enjoyed having him. He loves his rawhide bone. He also loves his tennis ball. His favorite game is for us to throw the tennis ball down the stairs. He won James's heart when Baxter game to lick his face while James was doing his stretches. Below is a picture before the much needed grooming.



He loves eating straws. This is a city dog's stick! We will have to teach him how to chew a real stick once we move to the country. :-)

1 comment: